This policy is updated from time to time. The latest version is published on this page.
We gather and use certain information about individuals in order to provide products and services and to enable certain functions on this website.
We also collect information to better understand how visitors use this website and to present timely, relevant information to them.
What data we gather
We may collect the following information:
- Name and job title
- Contact information including email address
- Demographic information, such as postcode, preferences and interests
- Website usage data
- Other information relevant to client enquiries
- Other information pertaining to special offers and surveys
How we use this data
Collecting this data helps us understand what you are looking for from the company, enabling us to deliver improved products and services.
Specifically, we may use data:
- For our own internal records
- To improve the products and services we provide
- To contact you in response to a specific enquiry
- To customise the website for you
- To send you promotional emails about products, services, offers and other things we think might be relevant to you
- To send you promotional mailings or to call you about products, services, offers and other things we think might be relevant to you
- To contact you via email, telephone or mail for market research reasons.
Using your personal information
Personal information which you supply to us may be used in a number of ways, for example:
- For fraud prevention
- For audit and debt collection
- For statistical analysis
Disclosure of personal information
We will not disclose personal data without consent, unless we are required to do so by law.
For further information on how your information is used, how we maintain the security of your information, and your rights to access information we hold on you, please contact us at the address below.
Visitors to our website
When our website at www.posib.co.uk is visited, we use Google Analytics (a third party service) to collect details of visitor behaviour patterns and standard internet log information. This is done so that we can find out how many visitors our site has and which parts of the site they visit amongst other things such as how long they stay on the site. The way we process this information does not identify anyone and we don’t try to find out the identity of anyone visiting our website. We don’t allow Google to do that either. If at any time we want to collect information via our website that could identify somebody, then we will be clear about that. We will make it clear whenever we do so and we will explain what we are going to do with the information.
Cookies and how we use them:
What is a Cookie?
A cookie is a small file placed on your computer’s hard drive. It enables our website to identify your computer as you view different pages on our website.
Cookies allow website and applications to store your preferences in order to present content, options or functions that are specific to you. They also enable us to see information like how many people use the website and what pages they tend to visit.
- Analyse our web traffic using an analytics package. Aggregated usage data helps us improve the website structure, design, content and functions.
- Identify whether you are signed in to our website. A cookie allows us to check whether you are signed in to the site.
- Test content on our website. For example, 50% of our users might see one piece of content, the other 50% a different piece of content.
- Store information about your preferences. The website can then present you with information you will find more relevant and interesting.
- To recognise when you return to our website. We may show you relevant content, or provide functionality you used previously.
Cookies do not provide us with access to your computer or any information about you, other than that which you choose to share with us.
However, please note that doing this may affect how our website functions. Some pages and services may become unavailable to you.
To learn more about cookies and how they are used, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org/
If there are forms to fill in on our website, when you fill in a form or provide your details you will see one or more tick boxes allowing you to opt-in to receive marketing communications from us by email, telephone, text message or post
If you have agreed that we can use your information for marketing purposes, you can change your mind easily, via one of these methods:
- Send an email to email@example.com
- Write to us at: Posib Ltd, St Mary’s Chambers, 87 High Street, Mold, Flintshire, CH7 1BQ
We will never lease, distribute or sell your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or the law requires us to do so.
Any personal information we hold about you is stored and processed under our data protection policy, in line with the Data Protection Act 1998.
Security and performance
We will always hold your information securely.
To prevent unauthorised disclosure or access to your information, we have implemented strong physical and electronic security safeguards.
We also follow stringent procedures to ensure we work with all personal data in line with the Data Protection Act 1998.
Links to and from our website
Our website may contain links to other websites.
This privacy notice does not cover the links within this site linking to other websites. We encourage you to read the privacy statements on the other websites you visit.
Please note that we have no control of websites outside the posib.co.uk domain. If you provide information to a website to which we link, we are not responsible for its protection and privacy.
Always be wary when submitting data to websites. Read the site’s data protection and privacy policies fully.
Changes to this privacy notice
We keep our privacy notice under regular review. This privacy notice was last updated on 10 October 2017.
How to contact us
If you have any questions about this policy, please write to:
The Data Protection Officer
St Mary’s Chambers
87 High Street